Small babies are bundles of joy that come to this world to enlighten our world. Imagine if these cute little angels face the wrath of incorrect products; it doesn’t feel nice. So, you must choose best products to use for your baby.
Today everyone in this world is selling something. But unfortunately, it is challenging to find the correct product for your baby in this ocean of products.
Just born babies are completely ignorant of their environment. For them, for a few months, they were swimming in the mother’s womb, and now suddenly, they are out. So it is difficult for the babies to adapt to the environment; if we use incorrect products on their skin or face, they can face a real nightmare.
Best Products to Use for Baby
The poor souls cannot express their grief with the products we use; hence it’s our complete responsibility to select suitable products which are least harmful. There are very fe products that can use for the babies; some of the products are:
- Have you ever observed a newly born baby? If you have observed, you must know the texture of their skin.
- A newly born baby has flaky skin; it feels like it can peel out anytime.
- Hence, it is crucial to use the right products on their skin as it is very sensitive.
- New parents struggle with this issue; they are constantly worried about their products, as anything wrong can cause rashes or inflammation on the baby’s skin.
- A baby soap should have all the below mentioned characteristics:
- In addition, it should have a neutral pH of 7. Soaps with acidic or basic pH can cause harm to the sensitive skin of babies.
- The most important characteristic is that baby soaps should be devoid of sulfates and parabens. These substances are harmful to all skin types. In addition, recent research has associated the presence of sulfates and parabens with cancer.
- A baby soap should gently lather with a soft and timid baby fragrance.
- It must be Hypoallergenic which eliminates the risk of allergies.
- It must be tear-free.
- It is tricky to choose the right product for your baby, but using smarter methods can reduce this dilemma.
- Always choose natural products for your baby, and go through the ingredient list thoroughly to choose the best for your Baby.
- Some of the best natural baby soaps in India are- Hugo Naturals, Puracy, Nature’s Gate, etc.
- As mentioned before, newborn babies have flaky skin, which is dangerous to get peeled off easily.
- Hence, it is essential to choose moisturizers free from harsh chemicals.
- Baby Moisturizers should provide a soft texture to the baby’s skin.
- After using a good moisturizer for more days, the baby’s skin starts to heal, developing a smooth and soft texture.
- Some of India’s best natural baby lotions are Babo Botanical Calming Lotion, Earth Mama Organics Sweet Orange Baby Lotion, etc.
- Baby powders keep the skin dry and also leave a mesmerizing fragrance.
- Since the babies have sensitive skin, areas having wetness due to sweat are prone to fungal infections.
- Powders help avoid wetness, which further prevents fungal diseases or infections.
- While applying powder on your babies, avoid using it directly on the genitals as it can cause burning or irritation.
- Baby Powders you select to apply to your babies should be chemical-free. In addition, it should have a smooth and fine texture, unlike adult powders.
- Some natural baby powders are- The Moms Co. Talc-Free Powder, Mama Earth Organic Powder, etc.
4. Hair Oils
- You must be wondering; most babies do not have hair, then why should we use hair oil? It is a lesser-known fact that hair oil creates its magic on the scalp and not on the hair.
- Your scalp is the place that needs maximum nourishment to grow, whereas your hair needs the hair oil to keep it away from drying.
- Hence, it is essential to oil your baby’s scalp even when they don’t have hair as it will help strengthen their hair roots, and eventually, they will develop thick and strong hair.
- Our age-old tradition says that coconut oil is the best for hair even now.
- It is ideal to prefer cold-pressed coconut oil to massage a baby’s scalp because it is organic, harmless, and best to strengthen the hair roots.
- Some brands that sell virgin coconut oil are- Forest Essentials, DiSano, Maxcare, Kama Ayurveda, etc.
- After the oil application, the most important part is removing the oil and cleaning the scalp.
- In the case of babies, there is not much hair on the scalp; hence whatever hair products you use comes in direct contact with the scalp. Therefore, it is the most concerning factor.
- Hence, choosing the best baby hair care products is vital, especially shampoos.
- Shampoos these days are bombarded with unnecessary harmful chemicals, so choose a baby shampoo wisely.
- Baby shampoos must be chemical-free, sulfate, and paraben-free.
- It is important to choose a natural and organic product that is dermatologically tested.
- Choosing a vitamin-based shampoo, especially Vitamin E, is very thoughtful as it is good for both hair and skin.
- It is a piece of sincere advice to avoid using shampoos having chemical dyes and artificially incorporated fragrances as they have a higher risk of causing cancer.
The first 6 months after the baby is born is the toughest phase for the parents. It is a commotion in the house as it calls for extra anxiety. It is the state where you develop mixed feelings; you are happy while you are worried and confused.
It is ideal for finding best products to use for baby and selecting the best you find during pregnancy. Then, after the baby’s birth, you can consult your doctors about the baby’s skin type and choose from your segregated list. It will help you reduce the panic and also help the baby.
Parenting is about trials and finally finding the best products to use for baby that suits and continuing the same. The major challenge here is to find a product that suits your baby’s skin and hair among millions of brands available on the market. Ultimately, your smartness will help your baby to get the best product available in the market.