Babies are God’s messengers who are sent into this world to spread happiness all around. So it’s true, right whenever we are around babies, we automatically smile, and our mood just instantly changes. That’s why it is our responsibilities to take care of them.
Well, for a third person, it may seem like a fairytale, but there goes a lot of care and patience to raise a baby from birth until they grow young.
5 Points to Take Care of Your Baby
Raising a baby is like nurturing a plant. In the first few days, when the bud gives off small leaflets, they are the most delicate pieces on the earth. The same goes for just born babies; it’s a beautiful experience to hold their cute little delicate bodies.
Babies of age 0-6 months require special care with lots of love and patience. The best ways to take care of your babies from birth to 6 months are:
- One of the first things a baby requires is food.
- The best baby food is Breast Milk.
- Breast Milk, also known as Colostrum, is the natural milk produced in the mother’s body because of female hormones like oxytocin.
- Breast Milk is filled with loads of antibodies for the babies, which provides natural immunity to the baby against infections.
- It requires six months for the babies to build their immunity. Hence, Breast Milk serves as an immunity booster for babies.
- Doctors today prescribe milk formulations for babies, which must be given to them, and breast milk.
- The milk formulations are usually given when the mother cannot produce enough breast milk to satisfy her baby’s hunger.
- The mother should also take good care of her health and diet to produce a good quantity of Breast milk for her baby. Doctors always give a detailed diet plan for the mother’s optimum health.
- The importance of vaccinations is immense, and it cannot be neglected.
- We have understood that babies at age 0 to 6 months have no built-in immunity; hence, they depend on the mother’s immunity given through breast milk.
- But breast milk will not suffice considering the range of diseases that prevail in the world, and some can be fatal.
- Hence, it is ideal to follow the vaccination program in your country.
- Vaccinations for babies begin at birth till they are 16 years of age.
- At birth, vaccinations given in India are- BCG, Hepatitis B, and OPV.
- Post-birth till 14 weeks the vaccinations given are- OPV 1, 2 & 3, Polio Vaccine, Pentavalent 1, 2 & 3 and Rotavirus Vaccine.
- The Government is putting huge efforts into creating awareness about vaccination programs and increasing its reach to the people from lower financial strata.
- Vaccinations for babies are very important, and a mother should be very cautious about them.
- Small babies are prone to insect bites like mosquitos, ants, flies, etc.
- Hence, they should always be covered and protected.
- Babies should be covered with mosquito nets at night to protect them from mosquito bites.
- Babies can catch a cold very fast. Hence, they should be kept warm always, and the first few days after birth, they should be covered in socks and hand gloves for extra protection.
- Babies should always be kept with good cushioning as their bodies are very delicate, and they can get hurt very easily, so a cushion provides the necessary protection.
- Always maintain hygiene when you are near your baby. When babies arrive in a family, it is like a festival, and all family and friends gather and hold the baby. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that your baby is in safe hands.
- The covid pandemic has taught us to always wash hands and legs before entering the house; the family should follow before touching and holding a baby.
- From birth to 6 months of age, babies cannot do much movement, and they spend most of their time sleeping.
- It is important to talk to them with happy faces when they are awake.
- You can stimulate their minds by showing them attractive colored toys or singing a lullaby for them, putting them to sleep.
- Never show irritation or negativities to the babies. Everything they see or hear registers in their subconscious mind and forms a part of their personality.
- When a baby is born, take special care of what they see and hear. Positive things will help develop a positive and happy mind.
- Electronic devices like mobile phones and tablets are a strict NO for babies. Many parents think that showing a video on mobile phones can stimulate their minds, but it doesn’t. On the contrary, it is an instant pleasure that will make their mind dull in the long run.
- According to recent research, it is said that electronic devices emit harmful radiation, which can have a long-term effect. Therefore, it is best to avoid contact with electronic devices with your babies.
- Every day the parents should bathe the babies unless they have a fever or cold.
- Initially, they may cry during a bath, but eventually, they love their bath time.
- Babies love being around water because they feel happy and excited.
- Along with bathing, one more thing to incorporate is body massages.
- Body massages help lubricate the joints and assist bone growth.
- There are many masseuses available who excel in body massages.
- Massages can be like physical exercise for babies, and any physical exercise has its advantages.
Every parent dreams of having a baby, and they put in their heart and soul to protect them from any danger. But, to take care of your baby, you have to make yourself aware of everything related to kids.
Read – Early Sign of Pregnancy’s
After birth, babies cry a lot. It takes them 1-2 months for the kids to get adjusted to this environment. After three months, they start to connect with the environment. In the initial few months, babies have a hard time at night because they cannot sleep and cry. It is a nightmare for the parents, but the days will pass, and your baby will start adapting to this environment. Avoid taking too much stress as a parent and enjoy the process because time flies faster, and your small baby will grow young very soon.